While I was in Arizona I get a call from Jim that...dum dum dum Charlie has the Chicken Pox. What the What??? I knew it was coming as Catherine's kids got it a few days before we left her place. I think the chicken pox shot is at either the year or year and a half mark. Charlie just turned one and we haven't gotten those shots yet, so she was for sure going to get them. Sorry Charlie.
Catherine gave us a timeline of about 2 weeks after you're exposed you're most likely going to get them. Well, right on the 2 week mark Charlie gets them. Poor thing...and poor Jim. Jim is home alone with not only a Chicken Pox baby, but both of them were sick the 2 weeks prior to the outbreak. Needless to say, there wasn't much sleeping for them
I think I'm in the clear. Although I do not remember ever having the chicken pox and neither can my mother. I have been exposed to them 3 times and nothing...whew!!! All those scars on my face I can't blame on the pox anymore.
I thought I was going to cry my eyes out when I saw her, but I was surprised at my composure and motherly instincts.
Good thing now is she's all scabbed over and happy as a little clam. The other good thing is she only had a few on her face so the scarring should be minimal.
Since I was gone the final two weeks of the ice festival I missed out on a few sculptures. We went on the last day and even though it's still cold...it's warm enough for the sculptures to start melting.
This one is pretty funny. Originally the guy on top of the tree had a head, but as is warmed his head fell off...so now it looks like the bear got not only his feet but also his head. And I think he's using a beaver to cut down the tree.

This one was very cool...how did they do that?

Paying homage to Arizona.
Jim appreciating the (cough, cough) artistry...
Next March be there or be square!!!
So, my next post will be the move to the "dry cabin". Lots of documenting necessary, I can't believe I'm going to do this. I had a minor panic attack last night just thinking about it. But all is well, it's going to be sooooo awesome!
One last thing. Teaching Charlie "jazz hands" cause that is super important for every tiny dancer to know.


5 comments:
Oh, poor thing! Glad she's on the mend!
I LOVE the jazz hands...super cute!
Poor baby! on the other hand you pictures are phenomenal!
BTW I have a $30 Mary Kay gift card to giveaways thought u might be interested!
check it out here http://supermomplace.com/
Chicken pox. What. She must be all healed up by now. Poor thing. I mean Jim for taking care of that all alone. The ice pictures are cool. Now Derek just explained what moving into a dry cabin means and yes, I think you are crazy. Have fun. And know that I think about you lots. Good luck. I would love to see pictures.
Aw man! Poor Charlie. I remember having those when I was little. And shortly thereafter I got the measles. Well, like 3 years later but still, I remember it like it was yesterday. Awful! Glad she's better!
Post a Comment