Monday, January 11, 2010

Super Move - Day 6 - December 30th

I just wanted to let all those who let us stay with you how much we appreciated the hospitality. I have eaten so much fast food and cereal the last few months the home cooked goodness has been amazing. We were totally spoiled with yummy yummy food.

home-style popcorn with Parmesan cheese (i make it now all the time)
cheesy casserole
pancakes
bean soup
chili
pot roast sandwich and fries
bacon and eggs and homemade bread
waffles

delicious, thanks everyone

Ok, Canada here we are...you are beautiful!! The mountains, the snow and all the lovely trees.


We got out first taste of cold weather...


And saw our fair share of ice road truckers and their lack of ice driving skills...





We left the driving to Charlie and we made it out ok, she didn't even have to look.


Made it to Grande Prairie and had to plug our car in for the first time...

The restaurant didn't know what a cob salad was, and I bought "smarties" that were not really smarties. Oh, Canada. Wish I had consulted a few Canada peeps before I started buying candy.




1543 miles to go!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate and Jim...what are you guys doing you Crazy Daisy's. You are the coolest people I know...always ready for a new adventure. I have followed up on your travels so far and will be anxious to hear about the rest of your trip and new life in Alaska!!!

emily jeanne said...

I love reading about your crazy road trip adventures! It makes me wanna hit the road... but I think if I do I will choose to drive south instead.. your cold weather car stories make me shudder.

Kim said...

It never even crossed my mind to have the kids drive. Awesome!

Mkgal said...

Hi Kate this is Angela with Mary Kay I didn't get to post on sew dang cute my email and that anyone who orders any anti-aging products get $15 off towards like a miracle set of microdermabrasion I didn't have your email, but just wanted to let you know I don't know if you have a consultant or not, but my website is www.marykay.com/AngelaL if you want to look thanks my email is AngelaL@marykay.com if you have questions!