I couldn't believe that we were going all the way to Canada, it seemed like so far away.
It was really nice going through Montana, really pretty and when we stopped for lunch we hit a local joint and I knew I liked them when they asked if I wanted fries or "real" mashed potatoes. I usually would never turn down french fry, but for real mashed potatoes?
I was thoroughly enjoying the scenery, it was just so beautiful.
I was fondly thinking of my Dad and all his hunting trips when we came across a guy with the biggest booty I have ever seen. I thought my Dad got good game...
Yes, that is an 8 foot chicken.
It took us all day and the kids did extremely well. We rolled into Canada, flew through the border with no problems...except I handed the guy my marriage certificate instead of Charlies birth certificate. Charlie is hilarious, I don't know how she did it but she was able to tell right when we were 30-45 minutes away from our destination. So that last 30 minutes was a little rough, but we got to Jim's aunt and uncles and it was such a relief.
We were quickly treated to dinner and was able to relax in their lovely room of death. Jim's uncle hunts with a bow...a bow. He had a BEAR on his wall that the BOW that got him. Amazing!!
2167 miles to go!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment