We are moving to Alaska next week, Jim just called me and said that the paperwork is all ready and we are just waiting on 1 signature and we will most likely be able to leave Tuesday or Wednesday. YOWZA! What a crazy ride these last few months have been. And the next week will be even more crazy. Not only are we selling everything we own tomorrow, but we are driving to Vegas to buy our new car. Why Vegas you say, we don't want to give California anymore of our money. There are other reasons, but that one is the best.
We will pick up the car come back and pack it all up with whatever is left and leave next week. Yes, we are driving to Alaska. It is going to be so fun, we decided to take our time...stop by and see a few people along the way. And actually enjoy the crazy life changing moments we are about to embark upon.
Cut to last week, I decided to take a quick trip to Arizona to see my family before we left. My brother was in town, actually all my siblings were in town so that was something I wanted to take advantage of. I stayed at my mom's and hardly left the house, everyone came to me and I was able to have special one on one time with all of them. It was also nice to have them all interact with Charlie.
Charlie and Patches.
I always complain that I don't take enough pictures and I don't have one with everyone. So my memories will just have to do.
I enjoyed playing rock band with the kids and having them sing carols to me.
Having Elizabeth do walking down the aisle commentary to Pachabel Canon in D...I'm sorry, but you had to be there and I will never forget it.
My movie date with Annie sharing popcorn/sour straws/and Diet Dr Pepper and sitting on the tile playing with our babies.
Playing cards with Jane and watching mom show us her new ornaments. Having Jane babysit and hearing that she gave her a bath and sang to her. Sweet moments for the two of them, I think.
Being a part of a Christmas secret with Ben and the special reaction Charlie would make when he would talk to her. It was priceless. And I will never forget how excited she was to see him, Charlie could hardly contain herself.
Grandma and Grandpa also watched Charlie one evening and I love hearing about the things they did while I was gone, I'd like to think it was a time they will remember.
Making fun of mom and all her ornaments and what we are going to do with them when she dies...we've decided on funeral favors. But then, we would stare and talk about them and I wanted to sleep in the room with all the Christmas tree lights on.
I brought my camera and everything, but my card reader is packed and I mostly just used my phone anyway. The pictures are crappy quality, but at least I have them.
I had Eegee's 4 times and loved each and every time...that Holly Berry flavor was yummy.
Devon got a haircut from Grandpa while we were there...in the big barber chair. Wishing we had done the same, but the high chair was good enough. Grandpa had to fix my haircut from months ago, it's a lot straighter now.
Buff graced us with her presence while she had a gig in Tucson...I had to do a bit of begging, but it was worth it.
Buff plays the harp. Don't you just love the upside down tree in the back and the lights in the reflection.
Charlie was cute as ever on her first plane ride. She was fun and giggly with the people sitting next to us. She only cried the last few minutes of the flight due to her missing her nap.
She was also great in the car on the way to Tucson. Jeannie was here in California helping me with the boutique so I hitched a ride back with her. I was able to stop and see Vicky on the way, it was so fun to watch Charlie laugh at Erin. Cute little cousins.
Thanks for the good trip Arizona, I will see you soon!
All the while house down the street is having a raging party and my head is pounding, that sleep I was thinking of having isn't going to happen now...I will miss my new friends, but Riverside there is no love lost here.
5 comments:
Wow! What fun! Good luck w/your BIG move to Alaska. Another adventure for the Clark family.
I super-love you! It was AMAZING to have you and Charlie here, and I love your comments and memories. Even though you are not going to be here for the actual day of christmas--it already feels like you were. xoxoxoxo b
Good luck sister. You guys are going to have a great time! We'll miss you.
I love all the photos great post...I think funeral favors is an amazing idea, sorry mom but that's funny!
Wow, all of a sudden reading this post, I am feeling such mixed emotions. I'm sad, but also so happy and excited for you and your family to start out on such an adventure. And it truly is an adventure! I'm excited to see and hear all about it on your blog. I'll be following you all the way. You're pretty amazing, Kate.
Post a Comment