First I got an ironing board. It was $5.00 at an estate sale. It's a very stout, solid one. It even has the cord electric extension thing on it so you don't have to find a spot in your house where your cord will not only reach the ironing board but you will have some slack as well. What I found most interesting about this board is that it is 3 times older than mine but the cushion is better. I was just complaining last week that the padding under my ironing boards fabric is falling apart. So perfect!
Found a sale with some boy clothes, but Charlie is not about to wear only pink for the rest of her life so I picked up these...$.50 each.
I also got this great floaty...$2.00. You can't see her little face, but she's still not smiling in the pool yet.
This was a great one cause I also got a pack and play...$65.00
I then ventured into the scariest yard sale ever. It was HUGE and they had tents and tents of crap...old dentist chairs, totes and totes of old teeth molds and skeletons.
At another estate sale, I found these great books. My mom found like 30 of the small Disney books and we divided them up between the grandkids. I've got a list of the ones I have and the Jungle Book wasn't one of them so that was awesome. I loves Strawberry Shortcake as a kid so that was fun. The other big books are awesome. They are from the 60's and you can tell. The Flower Book is hilarious...a few excerpts...
"Sweet Pea with her colors gay, The more she's picked, the longer she'll stay."
"Petunia's colors are many and gay, Just the flower for a nice bouquet."
I don't think we could get away with that now.
The soft play farm book is missing all the animals, but I think I will have a good time making my own out of some felt. Now, I just need some felt.
So, way to go Riverside...see you next weekend.
5 comments:
awesome finds. there is nothing more inspiring than a nice ironing board. viva la riverside!
I hope you bought the skeleton. That is awesome! I need to go sale-ing in the great ATL.
Score! Sounds like you hit the jackpot! Hiiioooo
Those creepy skeletons would be perfect for Halloween decoration. :0
I love all those classic books! Brings back some good childhood memories. And it cracks me up that she still doesn't smile in the pool! :)
Looks like you found some real treasures...really weird about the creep-o yard sale...eek! Why would that even be okay to sell that stuff...and who wants it!
Post a Comment