Jim and I took our first weekend away from Charlie last month, luckily Jim's mom was in town to watch her for us.
We took a ride to Arizona with Michelle and Joel Cooke. It was rad. We started out at the gas station...
Got in late, just in time for the bull fights. It was pretty cool to see it so close up.
Spent the next day in Jerome on our way to Prescott...had to do a few photo shoots along the way.
Joel isn't very "comfortable" when Jim gets in a snugly mood. I love this series of photos where Joel is getting a little uncomfortable.
The beautiful couple...
The cinematographer couldn't pass up the opportunity to get a shot with this old camera.
Then there's us...
Normally I wouldn't post a picture where we are both sporting our double chins, but I love the honesty of it.
We spent the night with Wendie and Bryan and were in constant amazement of Wendie and her all-togetherness. In the span of maybe two hours Michelle and I watched her rally her 5 children into doing what SHE wanted them to do, made appetizers complete with homemade bread and pesto, made homemade scones for the chili...which was simmering on the stove, busted out mini lava chocolate cakes...all the while entertaining us with stories and giving us the grand tour of her fabulous house. Oh, we then went on a tour of the town in her van waiting for Bryan to get home. I know I'm leaving something out, she was blowing my mind.
We managed to make it to church on the way home...we went in our biker clothes, it was awesome!
Here we are, the Steel Toes!!!!

I know it's nerdy, but this might be one of my favorite photos ever...on the tank of Jim's bike...so much so that I'm going to frame it. Don't tell Joel and Shelly I like them that much.
6 comments:
sounds like an awesome trip with a lot to cram into one weekend. and by the way .... i didn't even notice your "double chins" until you pointed them out. i DID notice how beautiful you look when you are really happy ..... you can almost hear the laughter. you both look so in love. oh, and jim looked lovely, too ;)
Annie is right...you shouldn't have pointed out the double chins...I didn't notice them either.
Sounds and looks like you had more fun than the four of you could stand. Now we need to hear it from Charlie's point of view.
Cute post, good for you to get out of town for a little bit.
For all to know... we had a wonderful time. Charlie was so fun.... I am still looking for new pictures of Charlie every day.. There was once on Sat. afternoon she was not happy with Grandma and that bottle but who wouldn't want to be rocked in that PINK HOT PICK chair so it only lasted a few min. Nancy. I will come again anytime you 4 want to go again.
Double chins....paha!!! You are so funny! I actually was having a hard time trying to figure out who was in the first picture of Jim and his friend, I was so confused...it must be getting late, but I do love those pictures of the guys...too funny!
I still LOVE your photography!
Post a Comment