BEFORE...breaking free from her $.50 blanket
AFTER...
HOWEVER...now instead of coming undone she does flips
How she does this I don't know, but she wakes herself up now by hitting her head or feet to the edges...silly girl. At least now she is going 5-7 hours before the waking up starts. SWEET!
So today was a momentous day for me...instead of sitting on the couch watching reruns of past Survivor episodes...
I...
took Charlie to the Dr.
ate breakfast before noon
organized a closet
unloaded the dishwasher
had lunch
made the bed
did a load of laundry
took Charlie for a swim
swam while she took a nap
watched past episodes of Survivor (couldn't give it ALL up)
Face booked
Blogged
This is BIG for me and it's only 5:30. I will savor this day cause tomorrow could be crappy, but I feel a turning point in my motivation and attitude. I'm looking forward to the day where I can dust off my sewing machine and get crafty, but my house needs to be in order first. So one closet at a time.
9 comments:
I love it when you can see her tongue in her smile...such an adorable cutie! b
Don't stress about trying to get everything done. You'll get there soon enough. Just be satisfied with the small things. Enjoy!
It's obvious she loves her new snuggly, velcro-her-in blankie...check out that adorable smile! And look at that list of things you were able to check off! Good job. (By the way, which closet did you organize?) The most important things are the ones that involved Charlie, the stay-at-home-mom things. The other things will come in time...a time and a season. Enjoy the moment. XOX
I love that picture of her all smiles she's so cute! Such a cute mom you are, don't worry sewing will always be there when you are ready can't wait to see what you create.
I love days like that when I'm so productive! I know this is way in the future, but wait until you have your second kid. You'll look back on your first kid and think you had all the time in the world. But when you have one, it's such a culture shock and an adjustment. You'll get the hang of it. It sounds like you already do have the hang of it. We all have those good days/bad days/productive/non-productive days. Even the non-productive days can be nice.
There's another blanket called the Miracle Blanket that is a great blanket for burrito wrapping your baby. I love seeing them all tight and secure in their blankets like that. So sweet!
i had the same experience with the swadeling blankets. i finally used one and it worked great, but only used it for about a month because he finally started sleeping well on his own. maybe the blanket helped him do that, who knows. i remember feeling bad using one because he would just look up at me with this trusting smile and when he was all wrapped he looked like a crazy person who couldn't scratch his nose ;) yeah on the "turnin gpoint day". it's the day you feel like you have at least a little control over the whole baby situation. cute pictures as always.
I can't believe how much she is able to move! She is like a fishy out of water. She is soooooooo adorable.
As for your to do list...You are beating me and my baby is 6 months old. Good work!
you are further than I am!
I hadn't even heard that you had your baby. She is such a doll! That hair is to die for... how fun. Congrats!
Post a Comment