Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Super Hunt

Well, last week was my second year of Minnie's Moonlight Madness. A scavenger hunt through Disneyland after hours. To fill you in on the logistics, please read last years post...

This year we were all ready to proclaim our victory as we walked in the park, I looked at all the teams and said to myself "you all just might as well leave, we have already won." Now if I had paid attention at all to my Survivor viewings I would have known that this kind of talk would be to my demise.

Anyway, last year we chose 6 hard clues and 4 easy clues. This year we opted for all hard so we could bank the extra difficulty points.

It started with the 50 question trivia section and as you can see, there are a lot of people that come to play around 350 teams of 4.


This year was much much harder, we could tell right from the first question that this wasn't going to be as easy. We were flipping through books and guessing almost the whole time. Well, not the whole time. These guys know their trivia, but we could just tell that they were harder questions.

Whew...off we go. We get all roped together and head off to our first clue. Since we had opted for harder questions there was a lot of puzzle, problem solving math stuff. My favorite part of the night was our first clue. We got it before the evening even started and it was a math equation, but the missing number wouldn't be given to us until the night of the hunt. Well, with the multiple choice answers given we worked the problem out backwards with our 3 iphones in line to buy pins and shirts before the hunt began. It was funny.

Well, doing all hard questions turned out not to be the best idea. We didn't make it back in time to finish answering the final question and came back to turn our stuff in late...and they dock you points for that. So needless to say we didn't win, but we did come in 23rd. Not too shabby out of 350. So NEXT year is going to be OUR year...I hope. Third times the charm, right. I think maybe we will do 7 or 8 hard.

Thanks for the good times guys, I love it!

4 comments:

the Marvelous Mrs. M said...

That sounds so super fun! I can't believe you guys got fourth last year- you totally rock! So, is there some kind of awesome prize if you place first or is it just bragging rights and the cool experience?

Kate said...

I don't even know what the prize is...i think there is a hotel stay at the d-land hotel...but mostly bragging rights...lame!

Sarah Heder said...

You guys did pretty well! I've never heard of this scavenger hunt at Disneyland before. It sounds very cool! I'm impressed with how well you placed.

big red 26 said...

That's awesome sounds like a ton of fun, next year man it's all you!