Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Free From Work (the corporate kind)

Today is the first day of my maternity leave. I have worked since I was 16 and generally speaking I like to work. I like making money and I balance my checkbook everyday. Up until recently I enjoyed climbing the corporate ladder. I would do all that synergy crap and really work on their goals. I'm over it now and wish to work on my own goals and not someone elses.
I am a girl of lists and unless I write something down or tell someone what my plans are I have no accountability for actually completing the task. So I had to make sure that before Jim left for work I told him what I was going to do today.

get waxed...I know TMI...he said the same thing, but I have been putting it off for some time now and if I don't tell everyone I know I just won't do it.
Make the bed-I never ever make the bed, it will be nice tonight to not have to worry about it. Plus it makes putting the laundry away better...speaking of which.
Put away laundry-There is quite a large pile.
Dentist appointment
Dr. appointment-today is the day I find out what day we will be having Charlie, or at least when I will be induced or c-sectioned.
Finish cleaning out the closet and start packing up the clothes.
Drive to Anaheim...first week off of work wouldn't be complete without 2 days at Disneyland!!!

I know that my life will be filled with doing the same thing over and over and over and over until I hate laundry more than I do now and the thought of washing another dish will make me want to cry, but I hope in those moments I will be able to have a big picture view turn that frown upside down.

Three cheers for poopy diapers, soiled laundry and a floor that will never stay clean!

10 comments:

Jim said...

hurray for Kate's new life as a stay home Mother!!!!!
you're going to do great!

Kathy said...

Hip, Hip, Hooray! Wow, I never thought I'd be cheering for poopy diapers. :) Okay, so maybe that wasn't so much three cheers for the poopy diapers part, but the other parts of being a mom. :) Happy maternity leave, Kate!

findingbenjamin said...

only 31 days to go! Go Kate! xo b

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you. You're going to be a great Mommy.

big red 26 said...

I love this blog you sound like you are on your way to being the best mom ever! I think there could be a Happy Homemaker Match coming soon...

Buff Puff VS. Kate hmmmmmmmm

Kim said...

I think you will love this new life! It is hard and sometimes boring but always worth it. I'd go for laser vs. wax, that's just my opinion. Good luck w/your list today. May you accomplish all of them.

Anonymous said...

Okay, you are super cute...and yes that last paragraph is so true...good for you for realizing that before hand! I am so so so excited for you, I wish I could be a fly on the wall to watch Jim and Kate with a new baby! Waxing totally reminded me of your way over hairy legs (I can relate to that right now actually) in my mom's bathroom and waxing your legs...do you remember that...I think I have pictures. How funny!

Sarah Heder said...

Love the attitude and the excitement! It is contagious! Still can't believe you're having the baby on Tuesday. Although, I was confused, are you being induced or are you having a c-section? Do you not know yet? Just curious. I think I'll be seeing you on Sunday at your baby shower/going away (even thought you're not really going away) party. Oh, and I'd better add the waxing to my list too. I know --- too much information, but after talking about it at Bunko that one night . . . I gotta get it done!

K Lovell said...

Like Jim said you are going to be a great mom. I so wish I was there to have play dates together and to watch our kids together.

Wendie said...

You will love it and you will never look back. Okay maybe on the days...well we'll just wait and see what days make you want to look back. Idon't think I had too many days where looking back didn't make me think-"that was great- but I wouldn't want to trade back."
Can't wait to meet Charlie!