Thursday, February 5, 2009

Super Crazy Scratcy

So thought I'd fill you all in on why I need to have the baby early. The last 3 or so weeks I have had this mad crazy itch all over my body. It started with my feet and has slowly inched its way up. It feels like a regular scratch but you are never able to quench it. So no rash appears afterward...it just stays red for a bit. It feels like you need to scratch from the inside. So after a few sleepless nights and some ice cold water foot baths, I went to the Dr. I did several urine tests and a few blood tests and long story short I have what is called Chloestasis.

Therefore, I need to have the baby early. So Tuesday, February 10th @ 7:30, I am scheduled for a c-section. Depending on how my body is tomorrow and Monday that might change, but for right now that is the plan. We are also planning on signing our closing house papers next week. They are most likely sending a roving notary to the hospital...AWESOME!

The following week Jim, his brother and sister will be scraping ceilings and painting so we can move. The week after that we will hopefully move. So this weekend is packed with packing and finishing up loose ends. What a crazy whirlwind. I got a call today to see if I could teach R.S. one last time...um no, I can't...sorry.

6 comments:

Sarah Heder said...

Well, that's the best excuse I've ever heard to get out of teaching RS!

So, my last comment is answered by this post, except that can you explain what chloestine (or however you spell it) is? And why does it mean that you have to have the baby early? And, why is it better to have a c-section over an induction? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm so curious about all this stuff.

I really can't wait for little Charlie to come out and meet you and Jim. You guys will be such loving and nurturing parents!

Kate said...

well, it has something to do with my liver where there is an excess of bile acid that stays in my body. So the extra salt makes me itch from the inside. This puts me in a "high risk" prego category and they have found that it is just a better idea to not wait too long. Too risky for a potential still birth. I have to count my kicks twice a day to make sure she is still moving. Crazy! Also because of an earlier problem that her kidneys might not be fully developed it's better for her to not have her go natural due to the squishiness of labor on her body. Just get her out all quick ya know. If my cervix is soft there is still a chance that I could go natural so they will check today and monday to see if a c-sect is really the way to go. So that's the deal.

Pam said...

crazy! man. next time i move i'm gonna make sure to have a baby so i can get out of all the work!! perfect timing, bravo! can't wait to meet little charlie.

findingbenjamin said...

Oh...poor thing. Hang in there Kate! xoxo b

Anonymous said...

Kate, that is so awful about the scratching...I hope having that baby stops it all. I just looked at the date and you have prob already had your baby!!! So congrats. send and update, ASAP!!!

Carissa Mason said...

Oh, I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. I had to deal with something similar (that I won't go into too much detail about) and I was completely miserable!! I hope everything turns out super a-ok for you very soon!