Friday, January 2, 2009

Super Christmas

I haven't blogged in forever...Facebook has been sucking up all my time, damn you facebook.

Anyhoo...here is a quick recap of Christmas.

First we decorated the tree, since there weren't any prospects of moving in December and we were going to be in town...I HAD to put up a tree. So I got a baby tree that was so baby it wouldn't fit all my ornaments, sad day. But I got the tree none the less and she was so cute.



This was the first year in our 11 years of marriage that we actually opened presents on Christmas Day, usually we would just be shopping together a few weeks before and say..."I want that." We would buy it on the spot and that was that. Well, not this year. I decided that I wanted to do the whole bit...pajamas on Christmas Eve, stockings filled Christmas morning...etc. So that is what we did. It was fun...I thought! Not sure how Jim felt about it all.


We got some sweet free tickets to Scandia and went the next day. We played a round of mini golf and spent $30.00 worth of tokens. It's so much fun when it's not your money, we played all sorts of stuff that you might not play otherwise. Jim killed it on skeeball and got a record score which required the mechanic guy to come over and give us our ticket winnings via receipt. 534 tickets!!!!!!! Way to go Jim! I think I only got 20 tickets total from spending at least $5.00 on the game. We did our most damage on Deal or No Deal leaving the place with 1400 tickets or so. The prizes were lame, but we left with a Scrabble game that we didn't have enough tickets for but the chick behind the counter sorta fudged our total. Awesome.


The day after that we went and hung out with my cousin Rachel and her husband Joel. Rachel decided not to tell us ahead of time that she got a sweet bike a few months ago...so that was an awesome surprise. Jim and Rach went for a ride and Joel and I tagged behind them and watched...in awe I must say. She is only, what, 4'9" and maybe 90 pounds. I've been saying for awhile that if I can touch the ground while I'm sitting on the bike I'd be fine to drive one, but I have yet to find that bike. Well...little missy here's bike I can totally touch the ground on and she gave me no more excuses. So sooner rather than later I'll get me one. Oh, wait...Mom if you're reading this it will be later...much later!!!!!!


If you look close enough...even her feet don't touch the ground.

Joel...tryin to look tough with his anarchist flag, that his daughter made for him for Christmas.

So then for New Years we had a high school friend of Jim's come and stay over with her husband. We played pool, hung out at Hollywood and Highland...had some Granville went to the Grove, ate at Pinocchio's...your typical come visit us in Burbank sites. It was a hoot!!!


Traci getting a ride on the white knight!

Had to say "hi" to the mouse


the bird and elmo coming back from a smoke break...classic!


Pinocchio's cork wall


Then to top it all off, we went to the gun shop to get our Christmas present...a Sig P220 Elite. Of course, we have to wait 10 days before we can pick it up...which sucks cause we're angry now.

Was too tired and pregnant to stay up for New Year's...so I went to bed at 9:45 and not sure what Traci and Aaron did, but we'll just keep that to them.

So Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Nothing says the holidays like guns, anarchy flags and a short chick on a bike. Nice.

Anonymous said...

I certainly have missed your writing. It's kind of like going without the sacrament.

Kathy said...

Good times. Love the 'do, by the way!

Anonymous said...

Super great update Kate! I love the Elmo and Big Bird pic...that really is classic! You guys are so cute. I love seeing pics of you guys together! How is the babying coming along? Keep us posted I am dying to know!

Sarah Heder said...

Your home tour post isn't showing up on this blog, so I have to leave a comment here.

Yeah! You guys are home-owners! I watched the whole video and it looks awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Congratulations!

Oh, and by the way, Jodi lee said she saw the pictures and they turned out great. I hope you like them too!