Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Super Sad

So last night...after my final photo class I head on over to Jim's work. I dropped him off earlier that day so I need to take him home. He works in the promo department for ABC and confirms them before they air. So turns out that when I get there at 10:30 he had to pick up another shift so I have to wait there with him til 1:00 AM. Ugh, oh well...I have YATZEE on my iphone to occupy my time. I am casually listening to the promos as they are being fed to New York when I hear the most beautiful words uttered from the announcer. "THE CURE TONIGHT ON JIMMIE KIMMEL" My ears perk up and my heart skips a beat...make that 5 beats...my face is red, my eyes tear up and I stare at Jim. "GET HER ON THE PHONE...NOW" Jim has a friend who works with Jimmie Kimmel and this is one of those times where you have to call in a favor. Well, it's like midnight and I think she just had a baby. So I would have to wait until the morning to text her. Jim turns to me and says..."are you crying?" Of course I'm crying, I yell back. See, when we go to Jimmie we get to sit in the front row and hang out back stage in the green room. So the fact that I cry every time I see them in concert is nothing to the opportunity to actually meet them in person...I just can't control myself. And the sad thing is it has nothing to do with me being pregnant.

Cut to...an hour ago when I find out that I'm a day late. The episode airs tonight, but the concert was filmed yesterday. I am so deflated!

Living here, we see celebrities all the time and have the opportunity to meet them on occasion. I try very hard to play it cool and to not go crazy silly when one is in my sites. There is one, very big exception...Robert Smith. So maybe it's good that I didn't see him last night...I would have been a blubbering idiot, totally sweaty, crying...not the control cry the hyperventilate eyes puffy with snot oozing out of your nose kind, not able to make constructive sentences...crazy hyper fan who ends up getting kicked out because I peed my pants. Ya, it's best I wasn't there. I'll just use my imagination.










10 comments:

dana said...

That really is super sad. I'm SUPER sorry for you.

annieareyouok said...

You JERK! I saw "super sad" and a hot picture of Robert and I thought he DIED! Ok ok deeeeep breaths. He's fine. On another super sad note I am so sorry that in your glowing, delicate condition you did not get to meet Mr. Smith. When I saw him in concert I was planning on lying and say that I was going to name my son after him so someone would let me meet him, (my last name is Smith afterall) but it never happened. He can't avoid us forever ....

Sarah Heder said...

Wow. I don't think I feel that way about any celebrity. I'm curious, why do you feel so connected to him?

I feel so sad that you missed the concert. That would have been cool. Maybe one day, Jim will surprise you, in the future, and take you to one of their shows. Gosh, I wish I had the connections to make him show up on your doorstep . . . just to lift your spirits!

Kathy said...

I can't believe you missed it! I am so sad for you, Kate! Curse those stupid TV stations and their filming a day in advance of airing! That sucks!

Someday when you do meet him, you really have to show him your Halloween pictures...although i guess that would fall in the category of not being able to be cool and casual, huh? :)

erin said...

oh i am so sad for you. that's how I would be with *NSYNC. hahaha. I know totally different, but I would be the same way.

erin said...

oh i am so sad for you. that's how I would be with *NSYNC. hahaha. I know totally different, but I would be the same way.

Heidi said...

Wow. What a connection you have to him. I must say, you pulled it off rather well.

And I'm sorry.

big red 26 said...

That sucks...I probably would have cried as well. Sorry you didn't get to see him, next time right, next time. I had a similar experience last weekend, I got to meet the Mens Warehouse man you know from the commercials, I almost cried...I have a thing for "Local Celebrities" :)

findingbenjamin said...

That's SO superclose. Hang in there kiddo! xo b

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! That really is awesome that you get to come in contact with so many celebs. I am impressed that Jim has such connections. How fun to be living there umong it all!