
So, My sister Elizabeth got me "The Pirate Movie" for my birthday. If you are not aware of this movie, go out and rent it right now. Although, it might have lost its appeal 20 years later. And it might not be as cool, if you didn't watch it when you were 10 five hundred times.
So, I watched it a few days ago and it still is as good as I remember. And there are sooooo many sexual inuendos, I'm surprised I was even allowed to watch it. Although, I obviously had no idea what they were talking about because I found myself chuckling that I'm just now getting half of their jokes.
I remember trying to dance with them in the end, but never getting all the choreography down. I remember watching it with my friend singing along and acting it out.
Some great quotes...
Mabel: You poor thing. Pirates! You mean like walking the plank? Buried treasure? Hack, slash, off with his head, and the Jolly Richard, and everything?
Frederic: Roger.
Mabel: Oh, Roger I love it.
Frederic: No, Frederic without a "k."
Mabel: Mabel, also without a "k." God, we have so much in common.
Frederic: [moments after meeting for the first time] Look, I know this is going to sound silly, but I think I love you. I think I might even want to marry you.
Mabel: God, that was a short love scene!
Now everyone sing with me...
Mabel: [song] If you're treadin' water and romance is on the slide/Don't you know you have to swallow somethin' more than water... it's your pride/Ah ha, a-huff and puff/Just to keep love goin'/A-ha, I've had enough/Of pumpin' and a-blowin'/
Keep pumpin', blowin'/Keep pumpin', blowin'
Keep pumpin', blowin'/Keep pumpin', blowin'
And I remember wanting to have a guy wake me up with a kiss right after I was washed up on shore. Anyway, it's awesome!
I also watched The Breakfast Club last night and my favorite scene is when Judd Nelsons's character just got wrestled to the ground by Emilio Estevez and he pulls out his knife...in the bottom right corner Ally Sheedy pulls the knife out of the chair. All it shows is her arm pulling it out and none of the characters in the room notice. It's high-larious. Great Show!

I have a very long list of favorite 80's movies, and I'd be here for days trying to write them all out. These just happen to be ones that I have seen in the past few days.
Dear Mr. Vernon,
We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. But we think you're crazy to make an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us...
In the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain...an athlete...a basket case...a princess...and a criminal...
Does that answer your question?
Sincerely yours,
The Breakfast Club.
1 comment:
Yay for Flashback Fridays! I'm so glad you're doing them too. Yes, great way to get some history on the blog.
Um, sexual inuendo? for sure! Just look at that picture. Haah. I've never seen the movie. Maybe I'll have to check it out. I am a diehard for good 80's popcorn movies.
And B.C. is on my 10 ten list, I think. I may need to revamp that list. It's a definite good one.
great post.
Post a Comment