Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Super Move - Day 11 - January 4th


Hallelujah!!!


We made it we made it. Can you believe it...11 days. What a crazy ride, I really am surprised that it went off without a hitch.

We didn't get lost or have any car troubles. It only snowed once and it was really only a flurry. What a relief, it was weird to pass the 3000 mile mark and have our car tell us that we needed an oil change already. Oy.

Things we saw...

Cars stuck...19
Semi's stuck...5
Buffalo...67
Moose...5
Reindeer...16
Upside down cars...3
Big cat...1
Unidentified animal with horns...2
Unidentified animal without horns...3
Dead animals...5

Super Fun trip that landed us in Fairbanks early enough to find a place to stay, unpack and relax. It was a crazy journey that I am so glad we did. What an adventure!



Charlie giggles every time we go outside and the cool hits her face. It's how I feel too. I love the cold, I love being cold and the crisp air on my face. I still think it's weird for people to leave their car running while they go into the store. I have yet to embrace this habit.

Things I miss EVERYDAY...

Internet! Alaska, or rather our hotel doesn't really have "high speed" Internet and it drives me absolutely insane.
It takes minutes for things to load when I'm used to seconds and sometimes it doesn't even happen. I can't watch shows online cause it doesn't load fast enough so you'll start to watch and it will play 10 seconds and then pause for an additional 10. It's maddening. I'm hoping that when we get settled there will be another alternative. For instance right now it's been 10 minutes and my video has yet to load.

Jim doesn't miss anything, in fact he's finding things he likes less and less about California everyday.

I'd say I miss the people, but my people are not things so they don't count. It's obvious that we miss you all like mad.

0 miles to go!!!


This is what high noon looks like. Each days brings more and more light to the day which is so interesting to watch unfold.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Congratulations on making it! What an adventure. Can't wait to hear more about your new life in Alaska... so different from where I am in Nashville.

Unknown said...

wow, thats really cool that you moved all the way up there, it looks a little too cold for me but its beautiful.

Wendie said...

You are so cool. Thanks for those last two days. Great pics of Chuck and Jim. I love you guys.

annieareyouok said...

I LAHV (that's said with a Lady Gaga from "Bad Romance" accent)that picture of Jim and Charlie in her little snow outfit. So adorable. Glad you guys made it safely.

the Marvelous Mrs. M said...

Love, Love, Love the picture of Charlie! She's is too sweet! Thanks for sharing your adventure :)

Anonymous said...

We miss you too!!! That is a darling picture of Jim and Charlie.

Sarah Heder said...

I'm going to sound like everyone else, but I too am in love with that picture of Charlie and Jim. Oh my gosh! Needs to be blown up and framed to mark the day you moved there. So happy you made it! Does anyone ever worry that someone will steal their car if they leave it running while they go in to get groceries or whatever? That's probably a stupid question but I'm just so curious. I'd also like to see more lists of what you love about Alaska. It still feels a little bit like a foreign country to me. I know really nothing about the state. I want to learn more!