Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Super Move - Day 8 - January 1st

Yay!!! Merry New Year! I don't know about you, but I am looking SOOO forward to this year. Big things are happening for us. I have not made any resolutions, but maybe one of these days I will.



Today was a big day for wildlife. I didn't take photos of it all, but here are the highlights.


We made it to Watson lake tonight. Due to it being the New Year Watson Lake was completely shut down...NOTHING was open. There was a gas station and a scary hotel. We had called ahead and couldn't find the place we were looking for. We drove past the city a few miles, but turned back not wanting to guess. We didn't have coverage so went back to call them, turns out they are 18 miles past the city. We make it there pretty early, I think it was only 6 o'clock. Jim went in to get our room, but the dude told him if we didn't a reservation there wasn't enough room. Jim was like..."dude, I just called you 10 minutes ago". They worked it out, but we would have ended up in a scary motel otherwise.

Jim comes back to the car and tells me that they "technically" have food, but it's been awhile since they had a food order and they wouldn't get a new food order for awhile. For instance I could have him make me a hamburger, but all he had was the patty and the bun.

This place was pretty cute, they had like 6 mini cabins...that were freezing. When we got up the next morning the snow that we trekked in on the carpet was still there. We had to put Charlie next to the heater with the comforter covered on top.

Back to the "food situation". I get ready to walk to the front, and Jim tells me I might need to sweet talk the guy a little. He was a bit abrasive. I walk in and he is sitting on his lazy-boy watching the Matrix. I sit in the lazy-boy next to him and start the small talk. Realizing that he holds the key to my dinner, I am REALLY interested in all he has to say. It didn't take much, he is all alone in the cabin/diner thing with NO ONE to talk to so I got his ENTIRE life story. 30 minutes later, I casually say that my husband said I needed to do some creative ordering. He jumps up and into the kitchen. He asks if I like spaghetti. Of course I do. So he begins making me spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread. I also get two huge cinnamon rolls. Hearing about how he got to run this place was really quite fascinating.

Part of his life story includes him being an executive chef in Niagara Falls, so the spaghetti and cinnamon rolls were delicious. It did cost me a small fortune, but it was worth it. I make it back to the room, but Jim is all dressed ready to come rescue me...an hour had passed. Sorry babe, didn't mean to make you think I had been kidnapped and tortured out back.

Made it to Watson Lake

860 miles to go!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your husband cracks me up.

I have an award for you over on my blog. Come on by!

findingbenjamin said...

I think EVERYone should have a major award for you. Great story! lol b