no chocolate
no spicy foods
no caffeine
no dairy
I use the term no loosely, I ate them in very small doses. And I would monitor what would happen when I did eat them. Turns out...she has gas when I eat them...crap!
Then I got this bottle of Mylicon, which I have spoken about before. The package is "safe" to use at each feeding which is what we pretty much did and I'm into my second bottle and the screaming subsided a bit. However, it didn't seem to work completely so we went to other avenues. I got a bottle of gripe water and some rice cereal. We started to put a little cereal into her milk to line her stomach to keep the food down. Oh, she was throwing up after each feeding as well...nothing major, but no matter how long I held her upright after feeding the second I laid her down up it would come. And she has such a tough time burping we thought she might have reflux or something. Anyhoo...we'd give her the gripe water and a bottle with this rice stuff and still not really any changes.
This week she will be 2 months and I had a Dr. appointment scheduled for next week, but I decided to call and see if I could be seen sooner and see if there was anything wrong with her.
Well...there is nothing wrong with her, it's me. Turns out I'm feeding her too much. WHAT?*&?
At her last appointment she weighed 8lbs 3oz and that was 26 days ago...they are supposed to gain around an ounce a day, but when they weighed her yesterday she had gained 41 ounces at 10lbs 12oz...almost double the appropriate amount. The doctor was like, there is nothing wrong lady just chilax on those boobs of yours. Riiiiiiggggghhhhhtttttt. So I'm happy to report aside from a little bit of regular spit up, she is no longer throwing up once she is laid down. But my boobs are killin me. I guess it will take a few days for them to not produce as much.
So here are a few pictures of my little chunker.
Those chubby cheeks and the rolls on her arms are just too cute...why can't they be cute on me?
11 comments:
Oh, she is sooo precious!
We had the same problems with my first and my last. I think that some babies' digestive systems just take longer than others to mature, at least that's what seemed like the right answer for us after we went through all the same things as you. Our second and third babies really had very little spit up or fussiness and we did everything exactly the same with them. Sophie is almost seven months now and she still gets fussy at times but for the most part, she's grown out of that since she's started sitting up on her own and eating baby food. She has been our worst screamer, too. I totally sympathize with you having to stay up with Charlie and not being able to do anything to comfort her. Hang in there, she'll grow out of it soon. :)
Oh what a cutie.
I love how peaceful a baby looks when they're sleeping. She almost looks like she's smiling!
Go back to Sleep!
1. They are cute on you
2. Great baby pix
Who would have thought that cutting back on the nursing would do the trick? I guess "less really is more." And how does Charlie like her new diet?
Try & pump before you feed her and see if that does anything...for the both of you. We also tried a long tube sock w/rice in it, tie the end and microwave it til it's a bit warm & lay it across her belly. Just a thought. She's a sweetie pie!
Kate you rock. If there is any chance Jim might lose his job you could start feeding Charlie all day for a few weeks and she could do baby sumo wrestling and support you guys. Need any extra cash on the side?
I love that bum picture!
I'm sorry. I'm a little slow, but really curious because I love hearing other people's experiences and stories with nursing. Were you nursing her on demand? Or were you nursing her on a schedule like every 3 hours? Were you nursing for too long, so you nurse her the same but cut her off after like 5 minutes or something? I'm interested in exactly what you did. And, you can answer all these questions at bunko on saturday night if you want.
Is this the same Dr. that said you could eat anything.....
we have the same story here, but we have to give parley rice cereal in his bottles quite often. glad she is doing better, we are still working on parley!
Oh mu goodness she is so cute, I can't wait to hold her such a chunker! So cute!
Post a Comment