Saturday, December 6, 2008

Super Christmas Party

For all of those who were at our Ward Christmas Party, I hope you share the same feelings. Way to Go Sister Hill...for all her crazy ideas, she really hit it out of the park tonight I thought. It was Christmas in Zarahemla. And what a fantastic idea, the decorations were of the Hispanic nature along with the food. Folks came dressed in their Hispanic finest and there was nary a Christmas anything in sight. There were tables with simple centerpieces and the food table was beautifully decorated with Hispanic pots and plants. It was just lovely! The "Man" of the house was sent to the food table to bring back food for the entire family. I wasn't sure how this was going to work, but then they were instantly back with a tray of tamales. BRILLIANT! There was fruit and salad bowls filled for each table and we all ate with no wait. And everyone ended up eating at the same time...no long line around the cultural hall.
The program started and included a little play and Primary and YW songs. It was short and sweet! It ended with everyone singing and then the divider opened to the desert tables and 2 Christmas Trees. Aside from a few hiccups I thought it went off without a hitch and was in the complete spirit of Christmas. For those who were there, I hope you agree.

No comments: