Thursday, August 7, 2008

Super Rally's


Ok, I love to find new restaurants. There is so much great food out there, and seeing that I am extra excited to eat these days a new place is quite welcome.


Jim and I were at the Harley dealership the other day...when I started to get hungry. It was Taco Tuesday at the Taco Time so we already had a plan. We were killing time waiting for Jim's bike to get done and walked by a Rally's. Never seen it before, very cute old time looking place like an in-n-out. How do they survive, I wondered with all the burger joints around? We didn't have enough time to get it at that moment, but we opted to bypass the Taco Tuesday and give it a go.


Well, the Dr. Pepper said it all. Jim took one sip and although he was quite thirsty, he couldn't get enough of the stuff. Then...there were the fries. I am a bit of a fry snob and I don't like the seasoned fry. The photo was very seasoned fry specific. I could tell right away that this was going to be tricky for me. One taste and I was hooked. This isn't the crap Burger King seasoned fry (sorry, if those are your favorite...but that's just not the kinda fry I like). These had a pepper element to them. I love me some pepper and they were fresh out of the fat fryer...or non trans fat fryer...whatever fast food place, enough with the non trans fat...it's still greese!!


Anywho...they were delicious. Then I go for my spicy chicken sandwich. Now, this is where Burger King gets it right. I love love their chicken sandwich. It's my most favorite, and I was nervous. Rally's had me at Dr. Pepper and kept me through the fries. And ya know what, they totally rivaled the Burger King with the sandwich. I can't say that they surpassed the King, but I'd choose Rally's over them now with the added bonus of a quality fry. I inhale my sandwich and Jim is left with a burger...he is quite hesitant and doesn't want the burger to bring him down, so he chooses not to eat it. We go visit some friends for a few hours and go home.


Well, the burger is brought back into the house and Jim decides it's time to see if the Rally's can keep up with its momentum...and wouldn't ya know it...it was still delicious, after 3 hours!!!!!


So moral of the story, if you haven't had a chance to visit the Rally's it is on San Fernando in Glandale next to the Harley dealership. I recommend the Dr. Pepper!



P.S. I guess this is quite a large chain and in other parts of the world it is known as Checkers.

3 comments:

Jim said...

The Dr.Pepper was soooooo goood!

dana said...

we lived in Glendale for 3 years and I've never seen it! we'll make a drive back. I LOOOOVE some good DP.

chad said...

rally burger rules. i used to work over there and would hit it up at least once a week.. the season fries are awesome and their shakes are actually pretty good too!

do you guys do taco tuesday at Del Taco?