Friday, August 1, 2008

Super Rachel - Flashback Friday



This is my favorite cousin, Rachel. While growing up, her family lived in Utah while we were in Arizona. I loved it when we would visit them! As I remember we would go over every summer or at least once a year. She was the best! What was great was that her family had a cousin for every one of us and we all matched in age...within a year or so.




I thought it was so cool to go and visit them, it would be the highlight of the summer. We would go to Raging Waters, visit the fruit stand and watch Christmas or European vacation...over and over. The fact that we could play with fireworks was awesome! You don't get to do that in Arizona. Over the years we wrote and stayed in touch until she got married. After she was married she moved to California. I went and saw her, I think once when she moved but we sorta fizzled after that.




She has 5 children now (crazy girl) and since we moved to California 4 years ago we get to hang out with them way more often. Her and Joel came over today and spent the night. I love them to pieces and the fact that our husbands get along is priceless. If you could call anyones children perfect, it would be theirs. I don't know how they do it, but they are the happiest family I have ever seen. So needless to say we grill them every time we see them.

We laughed and joked about our funny mothers and the quirkiness of our grandma. Too much fun. Love you Rach!

7 comments:

Kim said...

Whoa! Those are some old photos. I don't even remember them. Good memories...I loved that us girls sat around memorizing the words to Billy Joel's song, "We didn't start the Firte". You & Jane also taught us the song from "Big"..the space goes down, down baby...

Gotta love cousins!

Love you!

jane davidson said...

What about this song... "salvation army, salvation army, put a nickel in the drum and we'll be saved...girls in grass skirts, (yeah), boys with lawn mowers (boo)." Those were fun times!!!!!!

Cousins are great!!!

Kate said...

les poissons les poissons, how i love les poissons love to chop and to serve little fish

Anonymous said...

So I am glad that I finally got back on your blog...there for a while I could not get my computer to download your page for some reason...any way...this morning I have seriously laughed my head off...reading your blog...I love all of your flash back especially the one where you disect your outfits and the old boyfriend one. totally hallarious!!!! I love it...also congrats on being prego...so excited to see what that beautiful baby will look like!
hugs from all of us!!!

Joel Wilcox said...

Actually, Kate, Jim and I can't stand each other. We only pretend to like each other for our wives' sakes. Sorry to break it to you like this.

Jim said...

Way to go Jackass! I thought you said you could be cool about it!
And isn't this blogging thing underneath you?.........
Jerk!

Joel Wilcox said...

Ouch!