First I got this plant stand, it's about 2 feet tall and is an Asian motif in blue and white ceramic. It is awesome!!!! I had to leave it at the boat cause it was too large and heavy to bring back on the bike. So I will get it the next time we go. It was $5.00. The only drawback was that there was a mondo spider living inside it and I got a bite on my thumb.
At the same sale I got these leather riding spats. I love them, I gotta figure out a way to wear them cool but they were only $2.00. It is this item why I love the sales so much, you find these random items that I would have no other reason or know how to want them…but when you see it, you have to have it.
Shoes! Shoes are something I buy a lot of at sales, and these were no exception. Soda is a shoe brand that I love…this was a shifty sale a very creepy lady who didn't take care of her teeth was in charge, but the shoes were never worn and they were a perfect size 6 1/2. $2.00.
Love it!
These were from a sale last month, but I have to show them off. I went to a sale in Pacific Palisades where this lady had a bunch of shoes. They were all too big, she must have seen my sad face and asked what size I was. When I told her, she was excited to tell me that that is what size her daughter was. She told me that she just bought her some new shoes that she thought
were fabulous, but her daughter didn't like them. So she went inside and brought out these beauties.
Fit like a glove…$6.00.
Last week, Kathy wanted to go out looking for furniture. Who am I to turn down a yard sale buddy. Not so much luck for her, but I totally scored. I got a little coffee table and 2 rings. I love to buy jewelry from yard sales. They are usually pretty cheap and quite unique. Cheap enough to not feel bad if I only wear it a few times.
I got these 2 rings for $10.00. I have been looking for a turquoise ring for awhile, and this was perfect. I was very excited when I saw it.
So, funny story. My mom likes to buy baby clothes at yard sales, they are usually only fifty cents so it's a great way to clothe that new baby…or doll. My mom happened to buy them for her doll. So she bought this pink outfit that had a top and pants with the feet in them. She went home and was showing off her goods to my sister. They were these adorable preemie ensembles and she wanted to show her how cute and little the feet were. The one foot was a little crinkled, so she put her hand in the leg thinking there was a little sock stuck, but to her surprise and disgust, pulled out a black thong…that was dirty!!!! EWWWWWWWWW!!!!! My sister squealed and told my mom to go wash her hands. Nasty nasty. So rule of the day, when you have a yard sale make sure you check you baby clothes for those loose articles that get caught in the ever so small places. I asked my mom if she washes the clothes that she buys, and she emphatically responded that they go right in the laundry shoot. She did say that she has been known to mail clothes to my other sister that weren't washed, but she told me that in those cases she puts a note with them that they need to be washed first. I have a feeling that Annie is going to be quite hesitant to receive clothes from my Mom from now on.
Love it!!!!
1 comment:
Okay, why is this post dated March 11? Oh well, it still showed up my Google Reader. Um, I think we should have been friends growing up b/c me and mom have done plenty of garage sale shopping as well. In fact most of my furniture (aside from my couches) are from garage sales or Good Will. This past week Casey and I went to a wedding in Ojai and while the guys all golfed, I spent hours at Thrift stores in Ventura. Great finds! All sorts of new sewing projects to come! I LOVE that "diamond" ring you found. Great find. And the shoes. Too adorable (though I can't believe you're a size 6 1/2). Teeny.
Post a Comment