Thursday, June 26, 2008

Super Shoes - Flashback Friday



So let me explain this photo a little. This is one of my senior photos. Last week, Jim and I were at Universal City in the sock store. I love the store. I love socks. I told him that I could easily spend several hundred dollars in that store. I began to tell him about a pair of my most favorite shoes from the old days. So they are fabulous!!!!! Let me explain. The tips and heels are black patten leather. The center is clear plastic. Which explains how you can see my rad socks through them. And the bottoms are glow in the dark! So awesome! I loved these shoes and wore them totally out. And my legs, how can I get those back?



The rest of the tuxedo ensemble is also pretty awesome! At least I thought so when I was 17. I, of course got it at a yard sale. And I actually wore it to school. I cut the tuxedo pants and made them into shorts. I had to wear rings on every finger and I loved to wear vests, good thing it went with the tux.


This next ensemble I am 16. I had no idea what to wear for this photo, can you tell? As kids we got our picture taken every year. So I'm trying to figure out what to wear and my Mom and I came up with the great idea that I should wear my "uniform". I wore this outfit practically everyday or at least a version of it. Seriously, I wore it all the time. My mom called it my uniform. So, I'm standing there on this fuzzy white carpet and the photographer has no idea what to do with me. So, I say what do you want me to do and sorta throw my hands up. She yells freeze and takes the picture. Let's dissect it a bit.


Thermals, I wore just the shorts in the summer but with the thermals in the winter. I only wore red ones though. The shorts...I made. They were fantastic! Perfect balance of soft, flannel perfection. The shoes. I had every color of converse, although you wouldn't know it cause these ones are so worn out. You'd think that they would be equally worn, but not destroyed. I think that I chose these cause they were my most loved. Notice the laces, one up and one down. How frustrating to lace up those babies. Ahhh, being a teenager.


Ok, the top half. I wore horizontal stripe oversize shirts everyday!!!!!!! Why, you may ask. I have no idea. I was 16, a dancer and had a rockin bod that I killed with oversize horizontal stripe t-shirts! What was I thinking? You can't tell but again, ring on every finger...notice the pinky spider ring. I wore it all year long. Awesome. Plus I had a very strange necklace that I had to wear even though the shirt had a funky neck line, which didn't require a necklace. This was how my hair looked for years or a slight variety. I loved it, my dad was a barber and he cut it for years. I loved having short hair.

I guess I never learned the less is more rule.

4 comments:

dana said...

Those pictures are totally AWESOME. I think you are queen of the 80s. You're my new hero. Please keep the flashbacks coming!

Heidi said...

Wow. Impressive. So funny.

Matt Baker said...

DEAD sexy. That is ALL I have to say about that.

Sarah Heder said...

Are you kidding me?! That is hilarious! Don't we all have pictures hidden away like that? I love it!!!!!