Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Super Prizes

So in the last few weeks I have been fortunate to win 2 giveaways. Thought I'd share them with you. The first was this super cute little box from mandyloveboutique. She was so nice to work with. I'm a little anti pink, well I'm not anti pink but Charlie just has plenty so I got this cute brown box with a lime green handle. Filled to the rim with baby necessities. I have already used the baby q-tips and the other items are the perfect travel size for the cute travel case.
Thanks Mandy. She also has fun shower and bridal cases.


The next prize was the alphabet letters which I posted a little while back, I wanted to show my finished product. I had several issues with making this book...they are HARD!!! Kudos to anyone who puts one together. SO very time consuming, but I love it love it and have always wanted one.

I'm one of those people who can't leave well enough alone. For instance, I can't just make an alphabet book. I have to make an alphabet book with other things like a zipper and buttons and different textures of material...you know make it harder than it needs to be. This is to my demise.

Here are all the pages laid out...

For instance, I had to "quilt" the letter Q page and use corduroy for C. Even though my husband says that's confusing because it's also on the D page...I'm so lame.


There are a few refashions...buttons on the B page a zipper on the Z page and snaps on the S page.

I used eyelets...which is a BAD idea, wishing I wasn't afraid to use my button hole setting. I hammered some of them too hard which cut right through the fabric. Some of them I didn't punch well at all so they will have to be replaced sooner than later. A few are kinda sharp, so here's hoping Charlie doesn't feel the need to suck on the metal.

I also was able to use the fancy stitches settings on a few pages. That was fun.



I did want to have the front cover orange and the back cover blue, but I had a few mis measurements and that didn't work out. I also sewed them inside out once, so I had to scrap half of the alphabet material...good thing the giveaway was for a fat corner of each color.

WHEW!!!! That was tough, but it's finally finished and I think it's sew cute!

Thanks obsessivelystitching!

I also sewed the top of my index finger...I have always scoffed at people who said they sewed their finger. How on earth do they do that? Well, I did...what a maroon.

6 comments:

dana said...

Great wins! I love that little box/suitcase that your stuff came in.

Anonymous said...

So so cute...How fun you lucky wiener..uh hem...I mean winner!!!

Ashley said...

Wow that is one amazing alphabet book! You are like me.....nothing can be simple ;)

Care said...

Wow! I am loving your book! The extra details are so much fun. And I love how you put all the pages together!

Love it!!

yo nance said...

Congratulations on the fun wins!I'm so happy and proud that you are managing so well all these little (?) projects. Don't you love being a stay-at-home mom?!

LadyC said...

Hey Kate, Just wanted to thank you for my gift, i received it 2 days ago!! Im very happy with it, never did it before but there's a first time for everythin!!!!

big hug!!xxcharlotte