Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Super Long Hair

Oh Charlie...it was a sad day today when we cut your luscious long locks off. I know it was inevitable, but it was sad.

You were born with this...


it even would touch your shoulders...


It was the softess hair I had ever felt, I was nervous that you wouldn't be as soft as Danny...but your hair was incredibly softy-soft and i quickly took to petting you instead.

I thought you would keep it, but shortly thereafter you rubbed it all off on the back and I chose to not take photos of you from behind to avoid this embarrassment.

The rest of your original hair just kept growing while the new hair is just starting to come in. I've waited as long as i could, but the new hair isn't catching up fast enough and you are starting to look ridiculous...

but I guess that must mean I look ridiculous too...


So the hair is just too long in the front and gets all up in her eyes.

she was all bald on the back, but the sides kept growing...


i had such a hard time cutting off this little curl...it's so cute, but it had to be done.


Sorry Charlie, momma's not good with the scissors...where's grandpa when you need him?

15 comments:

Jim said...

as you all have seen before.. Charlie can look seriously Cute with her long hair.. Kate happened by some odd pics that show Charlie as a slightly drugged up little girl in attempts to justify cutting her hair.. this will not last long.. and her hair.. like my own, will grow back before you know it..

K Lovell said...

I think she looks way cute with her new do. I just love her little face I could eat her up.

Kathy said...

I love the new little pixie 'do! She's just as cute as ever. And I was seriously cracking up at those pictures, Kate. Random baby hair growth is sometimes hilarious!

Unknown said...

first haircuts are always sad, even for baby boys. and cutting curls are the worst. When kevin was about 18 months I had to buzz all his hair off because he kept pulling it out and putting it into his mouth causing a bald spot right on top. It was such a sad sad day so I feel for you, but she looks adorable no matter what and it is so nice that she even had hair to begin with (kevin didn't so it was so hard to cut it when he finally got it)

annieareyouok said...

O.M.G. I was reading along and then I saw the one with her giving you "that look" ... all bitter about what is about to happen and I DIED. So funny. I loved the long in the front short in the back picture ... it's like a mullet in reverse ;) Awesome post. Sorry about the first haircut ... so sad.

Becky said...

sooo sweet. I love it. Bangs rock.

Shannon said...

First cuts are hard, but she is still super cute. And the top still fits in a pony so all is well (smile).

{I know I should be in bed, just up paying for school picutres online cause I can't find my checkbook, then remembered you posted the haircut and wanted to see...goodnight}

erin said...

I think she looks freakin adorable!

findingbenjamin said...

love, LOVE the "ridiculous" look. omg too funny! kate you are getting amazing shots.

yo nance said...

I keep looking at these photos over and over again with a smile at how adorable they are...such a cute series. And then I can't wait to get to the "ridiculous" one and laugh my head off. You think she now looks like a boy...just comb all the bangs forward, with no part, and she'll look more like herself again. XOX

Anonymous said...

Cute post Kate...She is adorable, but I know it is hard to make the "cut" but I am glad you did...some people take too long to do it...way to go little momma!

dana said...

cute!

Unknown said...

Super Kate, I love your blog! I just found it and became a follower. Come follow me at http://sidac.blogspot.com. Another mom blog that you will hopefully enjoy!

Take care...your daughter is a doll!

Crystal Pistol said...

She si the cutest thing EVER!! LOVE the pics of you and her together w bangs in eyes. Perfect!!!

Unknown said...

oh so sweet. my 3rd child was born with a head full of hair and like yours and many other babies rubbed hers off also. she had a very thick patch on the top. like an old man brush over. it was great.
i found you from jennys page and MBC. you can check me out at.
http://charlenesrandomness.blogspot.com/
and
http://charleneturney.blogspot.com/

one is a whatever page and one is poems and art that i do.