Saturday, August 1, 2009

Super Fri/Sat

So, I'm back in full yard sale force. Charlie and I braved an estate sale on Friday and then I went out on my own today. And i must say I just love it!

Here are my findings...


Fridays finds...

stack of scrap fabric
. This lady didn't throw out anything. I now own scrap pieces of fabric the size of a playing card, but instead of thinking it's lame...I am going to make some of these.
I got 8 "sunburst" metal cups. They are so rad, I have seen them before and just never gotten them. Lame on my part. Anyway, now that we have all this tile I'd like to have less glassware. So perfect. I got some measuring cups, a disease that I have received from my mother. Only I get metal ones and not Tupperware. I can't seem to turn them down. Although, I did manage to not buy a second set today. One set a week is fine, but the minute you buy 2 sets in a weekend you know you're in trouble. A bread guide for slicing perfect pieces of homemade bread. Which I will start to make when the fall comes. Jim thinks I'm lame for getting the slicer before the mixer to make the bread...actually he thinks I'm lame for getting it AT ALL, but whatever!
The little plaid book in the foreground is cool, it is a little book for your needles. This lady and a ton of them that needed the sizes labeled. I just need a place to keep them that isn't in the bottom of the tin. I did manage to score some thread and a clear organizer box. Plus one of those knee savers to sit on when you are gardening.

$15.00



Saturday's finds.



I must say, looking back on my pile of loot on the floor it was a great day!!!
clothes, clothes and more clothes. 10 men's shirts, 2 skirts, a pair of jeans that I'm crossing my fingers will fit, 8 women's tops and at least 10 items for Charlie (which were free...thank you freecycle) Most of it is stuff to refashion, but I did manage to find 2 t-shirts for myself.
The yellow pitcher is soooo cute, I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet since it's super dirty and probably not the thing you want to drink out of
mini ironing board
wardrobe rack...not shown
long tote for under the bed
little stack of retro plates
basket box...that if you look close enough you will find that Danny has already dubbed it his
tin of thread...and when I got it home there were 7 crochet needles inside...sweet!!
really really really cute sewing box that I'm in love with
and of course
a naked lady

$61.00

7 comments:

Kate said...

update...the jeans fit!!!!! The entire morning and everything I spent was all worth it for a pair of jeans that fit. ARIANNE...thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Kim said...

You are in trouble...you are going to have to add on to your house now that you are afflicted with "Nancy-itis"!

annieareyouok said...

wow mom .... i-i-i mean kate .... great finds. it's all good stuff, but i especially love the pitcher, ALL the fabric and OF COURSE the nekid lady. SWEET!

Our Micro-Preemie organization said...

Yay! Glad you liked the finds. Can you believe how much we made? Crazy! I have your garment rack in my trunk, so I'll just leave it there until I see you again. Hey, did I ever give you back your breast pump thingy? (Weird thing to put on a post, huh?!)

yo nance said...

You, along with others, are starting to recognize that you are turning into your mother. Oh, no! But it makes me happy. Miss "sailing" with you. I only scored big on one item today...and didn't come home with piles like you did. But my major find was an American Girl doll...Samantha, in really good condition, for only $4.00.

findingbenjamin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
findingbenjamin said...

I call dibs on the nekid lady!
(previous comment deleted for grammar)