Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Super Refashion

The Pledge

I, Super-Kate pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 2 months. I pledge that I shall refashion, renovate, recycle pre-loved items for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovated, recycled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that thy thriftiness brings!

Signed...Super-Kate.


Thanks to Dana and her MADE blog I am taking the refashion challenge. No better way to get started sewing than by having a support group. There are so many things I want to do that I am overwhelmed with doing I figure this will be the best way to start. Even if I only make one thing, I will be better off and that much closer to my goal. My goal, what is that exactly...I'm not entirely sure. I want to be able to make costumes for my kids and fix, mend and alter. But I LOVE to be creative and work through a problem, so for me personally I want to be able to make stuff that actually fits ME.

So here's to you Wardrobe Refashion...game on!

6 comments:

annieareyouok said...

awesome post. i can FEEL your enthusiasm. looking forward to seeing what you come up with. you say your are not "green" .... anti-green even and yet you use cloth diapers instead of disposable, washcloths instead of baby wipes and you are recycling fabric instead of buying new. you'll be recycling and driving a hybrid before you know it. don't fight it katy .... enbrace your inner green queen.

Kate said...

oh no no no no no...i'm poor and i have GINORMOUS boobs that clothes don't fit in, there IS a difference.

annieareyouok said...

lol huge cans or not .... and like it or not, what you're doing is helping the environment damnit!

Kim said...

Can't wait to see your re-creations!

dana said...

yay!!! Good for you! it's so much fun and you'll see clothing in a whole new light.
Enjoy!

Sarah Heder said...

I cannot wait to see what you end up making!!! I have a bag of clothes I was going to give to goodwill but they've been sitting in my room for awhile because I keep thinking of other things I could make with them for my girls or for myself. Who knows if I'll actually get around to doing it?