So after driving through holiday traffic we arrive in perfect "early" time to have dinner at Phil's. I can't remember a time when we visited San Diego without going there. So so so yummy. On a holiday or any day for that matter you usually will wait in a line that wraps through the building out the front door and around the corner...not kidding. But we got their right before dinner time and only had to wait 20 minutes or so. Rib less dinner with onion rings and corn. Fantastic!!!!!!
Lee & Zee's neighbor has a pet tortoise, who is so stinking cute. We had a good time feeding him.
We played rock band through the night and I went to bed singing Faith No More's, Epic (Jim was extremely surprised that I knew this song) In truth...I only knew the chorus which is...WHAT IS IT???? IT'S IT. WHAT IS IT????... Not much too it, but I was able to manage the rap versus better than I thought. It was funny cause I've been singing it wrong this whole time...I always thought the lyrics were WHAT IS THIS...THEY SAY, WHAT IS THIS? I think mine make more sense.
Went to church Sunday morning, had a lovely nap in the afternoon and drove up to the mountains for a hot dog/marshmallow roasting evening. On our way up, there were huge signs for a firefighters rummage sale. Can't pass up that kind of a sale, I was even willing to forgo the Sabbath part for a good sale. Well, it was pure crap. It was nothing but dirty, dusty trash. I don't know what these people were thinking, it was definitely in my top 10 worst sales.
We stayed up there for quite awhile and I must say it's been a long time since I have seen that many stars. Plus there was this small cloud formation and we got a lighting show for a good 20 minutes. It reminded us all of Arizona.
Monday morning, Jim and Lee went surfing which from Jim's post you can read how that went. We finished the weekend off with breakfast at the Mission. Which is another place we go every time we are in San Diego. So yummy. Lee and Zee had never been there before and I think they liked it.
The ride back was fantastic, we must have left right before everyone else cause it was smooth sailing the entire drive back. Thanks for a great weekend guys.
5 comments:
Funny, I always remember Faith No More performing that song on some sort of MTV award show...and the singer was flopping around on the ground like a dead fish. It was strange. But equally strange is that I kinda like that song. I just heard it on the radio the other day (and was driving without kids, so I cranked it up).
fun weekend!
Is that a firefighter dummy sitting in the red recliner? I would have totally bought that!
I think you should change your blog name from Super Kate to Super Cute.
Just a suggestion.
You guys make a really cute couple. I like that picture of the two of you in the restaurant. All I could think when I looked at it is the crazy story you told me of how you two got together! CRAZY! And, if you guys loved that tortoise so much, why don't you marry it?! Gosh, I don't know what came over me. I just felt like saying something childish! See you tonight!
I have to say we have yet to go to Phil's. I know, we're awful. And we're leaving San Diego next week. Where is it?? Its sounds delicious!
Post a Comment