Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Super Tucson


Sitting on the back of a bike, I’m sure is a different experience than riding in front. So let me share my experience from the back. It started out totally rad driving out of L.A., there was this heavenly smell that I literally was taking as big of breaths as I could. I’m looking around to see where this magnificence is coming from. I pass this bakery the size of 3 home depots. It was awesome the smell lasted for at least a mile. It was quickly squashed when I got this nasty smell of tar. Yuck! But then all of a sudden there were fruit loops. Seriously, it was great! I am good on the bike for about 2 hours before I start to get restless and my ears start to hurt. So we took some much needed breaks and I was so surprised at how thirsty I was. I don’t particularly like water, but I couldn’t get enough. It was like I was drying up. The ride was so long at times that I had to ask Jim what I should think about. It is all a bit of a blur, but my saving grace was eegee’s. For those who have not experienced the greatest slushy of all time, let me explain. It resembles an Icee, but it’s better. First of all it’s a little more fruity and less sugary. The best part is they last forever. They don’t melt as fast so you can nurse one all day. Since I was getting so dehydrated on the bike this was fabulous. I got an eegee on my way out of Tucson and it lasted for a little over an hour. I should have gotten a super sized one and it might have lasted until Yuma. It was nice. What was funny is someone else had the same idea. When we got into a Yuma gas station the trash was filled with eegee cups. It was funny. Unfortunately, I’ve only known eegee’s to be in Tucson and Phoenix, so the rest of the world misses out. And so do I. The other thing was the heat. Once we’re riding it’s not so bad, but since I sunburn so bad I had to keep cover up. When we were stopped I was roasting. That was crappy, but once we got going I was alright. I got some nasty bug juice on my jacket that I’m glad wasn’t on my arm. I think I’m going to need some time before the next ride, but all in all it was a great adventure and I’m glad we did it.

No comments: