Saturday, April 26, 2008

Super Sales



Things seem to find there way to you when you are yard sailing. It’s always fun to find a bowling ball with your name on it.

A few weeks ago I found my mom’s old dish pattern. Aren’t they so cute? Good thing she still has them or I would have had to buy them.





It always seems to happen that whatever you are looking for you will find it. Last year I had just that experience. I have been wanting to buy these snack trays. My grandma had this set that my mom had always talked about and I thought they would be the funnest things to have for parties. So we were in San Diego and I mentioned to my mom that was what I was looking for. So a few sales into the morning we found ourselves at a beautiful home and I went into the kitchen and found a box of snack trays. It was fantastic! I couldn’t believe it. I have never seen them before at a sale and here they were. It was only a box of 4, but there were 2 of them. My excitement was quickly changed to pure euphoria when we went in to the next room and there was a banquet table full of them, there must have been at least 70 sets. The best part was that half of them were the same pattern that my grandmother had. I quickly dumped the two boxes I had and we started calculating how many we wanted. My mom and I ended up buying them all. I think we got about 30 or so sets. I wanted them all, but there is just no room for them in an apartment. So I took half and my mother took the other half. The only problem was there were a few glasses that were chipped. This problem was short lived because an hour later we were at a church rummage sale and found 5 glasses of the same pattern. True story!

Yard Sales are rad!

No comments: