
One would argue if it was positive or negative to be born on a holiday. I suppose it would depend on the holiday. Let's take Christmas for example, I think it would suck to have a birthday anywhere near the holiday. So much emphasis on the holiday season that I would think it would take away from your day. In my case, I tend to celebrate my birthday the entire month of June. So any disturbance in that would cramp my style. My family on the other hand are for the most part all born on holidays. How is this possible you ask...well
My Dad, Jan 17th - I didn't realize this until a few years ago, but every once in a while his birthday falls on Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Pretty sweet!

I don't know if this was his birthday of Father's Day, but he's got some presents. So we will pretend. Although it looks like he got a jar of baby food, how lame are we? But I love this picture, my brother is trying to be sooooo cool in the background doing a hand stand.
My Mom, Nov. 11th - Veteran's Day, kind of a solemn day but I never forget when Veteran's Day.

My brother, Apr. 29th - poor guy the only one without a holiday...except I took the liberty to make sure he wasn't born on a holiday and wouldn't you know it April 29th is International Dance Day as well as a public holiday in Japan it marks the first day of Golden Week. Don't know what that is, but it's a holiday. I think we need a day off for that.

Decorating his own birthday cake.

My mom told me once to try and not cut out the background of photos. You never know what you might be cutting out. Case in point, the little girl in the background with a dough nut on her finger lifting up her shirt. Classic! Also I love that the cake is a dough nut that is half eaten with the candle still lit. Guess mom wasn't in the bunt making mood this year.
My sis, Nov. 22nd - Thanksgiving, not every year but like my husband Nov. 26th every few years or so their birthdays fall on Thanksgiving. Cool!

Me, June 10th - I really get left out of this whole holiday thing cause just because I was born in the sesquicentennial year does not a holiday make. I did get red, white and blue booties when I was born though. My mom thinks it was a big deal.

My sis, Feb. 2nd - Groundhog Day, totally awesome. The best part about this day is Elizabeth my baby sister calls her and recites the main scene from Groundhog's Day to her over the phone. So cool, Annie says she does it complete with voices. My mom loved to make the bunt cake.


To mom's defense, those might be cookies stacked on top of each other...or just a bad day.
My baby sis, Feb. 14th - Valentines Day, she says that she loves her birthday being on this day. One would think that she would get tired of getting hearts and stuff, but according to her she digs it. Don't you love the heart shaped cake?

So I might be stretching it a bit, but we are a family of holidays and I think it's cool. I don't think any of us have a birthday on a day where the holiday takes over.
No comments:
Post a Comment